The world-renowned luxury watch brand Rolex rarely releases new models, but every year delights us with a new design for a long time favorite of hours. In 2016, the manufacturer introduced the famous clock GMT The to Master II of the Rolex, adding a new two-color panel (Ref. 116710BLNR). One-half of the frame is red, the other is blue, in my opinion – it is the best combination.
Review of Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 116760BLNR
Key Features Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 116760BLNR
- Case: Oyster, 40 mm, steel
- Oyster Architecture: Monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- Diameter: 40 mm
- Material: 904L steel
- Bezel: Bidirectional rotatable 24-hour graduated bezel. Two-colour blue and black Cibachrome insert in ceramic, engraved numerals and graduations
- Winding Crown: Screw-down, triple waterproofness system
- Crystal: Scratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- Waterproof:100 meters/330 feet
- Movement: Perpetual, mechanical, self-winding, GMT function
- Calibre: 3186, Manufacture Rolex
- Functions: Centre hour, minute and seconds hands. 24-hour display. Second-time zone with independent rapid-setting of the hour hand. Instantaneous date. Stop-seconds for precise time setting
- Power Reserve: Approximately 48 hours
- Bracelet: Oyster, flat three-piece links
- Bracelet Material: 904L steel
- Clasp: Folding Oysterlock safety clasp with Easylink 5 mm comfort extension link
- Dial: Black
- Certification: Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing).
This combination of colors and the new ceramic panel is really impressive. Rolex says that they use a patented method for producing a two-color ceramic insert its own production. The manufacturer added that actually manufacture the frame starts with a blue color, and after the added black color, which results, is an ideal transition from one color to another.
Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 116760BLNR: Framing
Under a magnifying glass, you can see a clear line between the black and blue without any blur or streaks. Famous brand Rolex has always paid due attention to accurate detail. The framing of the previous models was made of aluminum, but soon they needed replacing, as they were easily scratch. The ceramic material is the best material, it has a fairly low weight, and most importantly – high strength.
Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 116760BLNR: Bezel & Timezone
The result is a new kind GMT Master II, which is a worthy addition to the collection of watches. No, this is not a revolutionary addition or change, but it is a new technology that shows the know-how of the Rolex brand and offers a new and very nice option for those who have not yet turned on the Rolex GMT-Master II to his collection. Currently, no offers Rolex watches with ceramic bezel with such colors as black, green, blue and brown.
Housing Model Rolex GMT-Master II, made of 904L stainless steel 40 mm wide. As already mentioned above, the model has a rotating bezel with the image Cibachrome panel, first made a two-tone ceramic insert in blue and black. Mechanism hours Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 116760BLNR caliber 3186 self-winding movement. It is designed and manufactured by the best masters-professionals Rolex. Swiss GMT-Master II have the function as the time (hours, minutes and seconds), the date (of the month) and a second-time-zone (blue arrow GMT).
Read also: Rolex Cosmograph Daytona Platinum 116506
Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 116760BLNR: Bracelet
Men’s watches Rolex GMT-Master II with black and blue frame have black lacquered dial with clear markers and hands coated with a high-quality fluorescent compound. Glass watch very strong and difficult to scratch, as is made of sapphire, for better perception of the window with the date their lens. The model comes with the reliable bracelet as well as the body made of stainless steel
Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 116760BLNR: Price
The new model Rolex GMT-Master II has won many hearts at many fairs. The price of Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 116760BLNR is about $9150.